Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Wrap Up

Miles in 2013: 1038.44
Days Until Dopey: 9!

As 2013 wraps up I thought I'd take a look back at my year in running.  As I lay here resting some sore legs I can't help but be proud of how much I've accomplished.

I started running in 2011.  That year I ran 4 5k's and one half marathon.  I logged 339.73 miles.

In 2012 I ran 4 5k's, 1 10k, a 2 mile race, 2 10 mile races, 7 half marathons, and one marathon.  I logged 883.25 miles.

In 2013 I raised the bar.  I ran 7 5k's, a 2 mile race, a 5 mile race, 2 10k's, 2 15k's, a 10 miler, 11 half marathons, and 3 marathons!  I PRed at every race distance this year (some of them more than once!)  I took AN HOUR off my marathon time.  I raised almost $4,000 for the Pink Agenda as part of my NYC Marathon run.  I logged 1038.44 miles.

2013 was a great year for me and running.  I can't complain.  Is every race my fastest?  Uh no.  But I have made great friends, had a ton of fun, and was able to travel to Louisville, Anaheim, Cherokee, and NYC.

2014 holds a lot of promise too.  I'll be kicking it off with the Dopey, which is a 5k, 10k, half marathon and a full marathon.  4 days and 48.6 miles.  Then I'll take a short rest before the spring half marathon season kicks off.  I'm signed up for 7 half marathons in the spring.  I'll be "resting" from marathon training and just focusing on the half and speeding up.  Our group will be changing our intervals and increasing our speed and stamina.  Spring will be topped off with the Nike DC Women's Half Marathon.  The fall will have me hopefully training for the Chicago Marathon and as always, the Space Coast Half Marathon as a PR goal race.  I look forward to hopefully logging more miles and more PRs than I have this year.  I know I'll have fun on the road with my group and will be able to share in everyone's success!

Now it's back to tapering and resting before the Dopey Challenge in a week and half! 

No comments:

Post a Comment